The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion

The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion
These kids know how to have fun!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What do you do in the Wintertime?

Though January and February weren't as wintery as last year's snowbound experience, they still provided lots of time for solitary efforts sewing, writing and designing.  My main efforts involved documenting my "life in stitches."  Though it started out as a simple listing of quilts I had made, in an effort to motivate our quilt guild to document their wonderful creations; soon it took on a life of it's own. 
  Fortunately I had already pulled together many of my quilts onto a blog of their own, and someof the leg work was done.  But I soon discovered that what is OK resolution for a web page, can be way inferior to the quality needed in book publishing, and many of the photographs I had to refind, and then rescan at high resolutions.
   After the first two books came back, I realized that my sewing experiences involved much more than just making quilts.  This idea was triggered by a slide I had scanned that showed mom wearing the silk dress I had made for her, and Nancy wearing a gingham dress I'd made, as well as myself wearing one of my favorite hand made dresses.  So the idea for "stitches" expanded dramatically. 

I was surprised at how many pictures I actually had of early sewing from the 50's and 60's, as well as photos of my little boys wearing things I had crocheded, knitted and sewn.

No comments: