The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion

The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion
These kids know how to have fun!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring time in Blanding

Spring in Blanding reminds me of an old song: First it says it's "come" and then it "goes"...or at least a parody of the song. Today looks beautiful outside, but it was still chilly at 9:30 when we walked. Out crab apple tree is in full bloom..or at least as many blossoms as the wind left yesterday, so we also have a pink petal carpet outside. It is beautiful, but I wish it would last longer.


Spring Sewing Projects

Finished up my 12 year quilt project yesterday...my Aztec Warrior. The center Batik print was purchased at a mercado in Mexico City when we visited the Caziers many lunas ago. I really like it. Also bound two baby quilts, and got borders on two quilts for the guild. Now I'm working on the embellishments and binding on my crazy purple spring quilt. I'll put the other pictures on my quilting blog.

Our guild also got permission last night from the city council to store our display frames for the quilt show at the new wellness center, which is where the show will be held from now on. It will save us $360 a year in rent, plus eliminate having to haul them to the location. Hooray. I've been a lot busier than I expected as guild president this year, but I have awesome officers to help me: Gail Glover, Bobbie Holt, and Sidney Christensen.

No comments: