The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion

The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion
These kids know how to have fun!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We take the "I Do" Challenge

Steve and I were one out of four couples honored by USU during National Marriage Week.  This group was honored for taking the USU Marriage Challenge, and  completing  five activities during the month of March. 

Steve and Janet Wilcox, USU Extension Agent Lou Mueller, Megan and Bill Sivert, Patty and Bruce Lyman (not pictured—Lee and Krista Chadwick)

Some of the things we've done since January include talking more together each day.  I made a conscious effort to get to bed by 11, so we can have prayers together.  I'm a night owl at heart, but having prayers together both night and morning helps everything go better.  We also share more of the house work and cooking chores together as we both usually have lots of extra "other" projects to do.  This has really helped out.  Steve has been more willing change things, and go along with plans, even when he doesn't always agree.  We've learned how to compromise more.  He has been thoughtful and generous remembering special occassions and also more generous towards others, which makes me happy.
I make more of an effort to tell my husband how thankful I am for how hard he works and helps me around the house. I've learned to put the remote on pause, when he comes in and has things to tell me!

No comments: