The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion

The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion
These kids know how to have fun!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Gilbert Ganderings and Tooele Tidbits

  We stayed with Quent and Bev's family for three days and had a chance to catch up with their lives.  Brig always keeps things pretty interesting and has this commanding presence about him.  I'm sure he'll be a drill seageant, coach, or radio announcer some day!  

The girls are doing really well in school and are in an accelerated program, which encourages some high thinking skills.  We didn't get to play any games, but did enjoy swimming with them.  It was wonderful and relaxing.  Friday night we all went to a big bar-b-que at the Reidheads to celebrate Anthony's graduation.  I think the kids had fun and the food was delicious.  I forgot to take any pix, until Sunday...sorry Ava, I didn't get you in a picture!

Ashley's parents headed back to Utah about 5:30 AM Sunday morning, May 20.  Quentin took Steve over to meet them. Later that morning, I went to Sacrament meeting with Quent and Bev then he took me to the airport at noon and voila!  in just over an hour I was in Salt Lake. We appreciated their hospitality and help getting us everywhere we needed to be.  I'm so glad I was able to fly,  so much better than a 12 hr. car ride!    Doesn't Brig look spiffy in his fancy suit!


Isabella is getting lots of TLC from everyone in the family.  She is such a pretty little girl, and looks a lot like Laurie did when she was a baby.

Nathan picked me up at the airport about 4:40, and I spent the next 5 days helping out so Tammy could just concentrate on the baby.  Brendan and Laurie are pretty responsible, just needed a few reminders to get themselves up and ready for school. I mainly cooked and got the kids to school on time usually walking them there (more for my exercise, than an actual need) but it was fun talking to them as we walked.  Also got the flower beds planted and a couple of pots.  Made fresh strawbetter jam for their family and ours.  That kept me busy for two days! (When I got home finally, our strawberries were coming on --so got to make even more!)
Two of the days were filled with appointments getting help for Isabella, so she will start feeding better. 

Teacher on the right is Clarinda Langston, who was in Nathan's class at SJHS and one of my former students.


 On Wed. I went to the awards program, and both Brendan and Laurie earned academic awards for high GPA.  Laurie also had 100% attendance, and Brendan only missed 1 day.  The big excitement, however, was when Laurie's name was drawn out from the 5th and 6th grade girls reading tickets (1 ticket per 100 minutes) and she won a brand new bike.  She had been telling me just the night before that she hoped her dad would get her a new bike for her birthday in July !!  We were so excited about it.

Steve kept pretty busy while I was gone keeping everything water up--both my flowers, and his garden.  He also rigged up the hoses so three sets can run at the same time from the well.  He also repaired a leaking hose in the front, that I never remembered to do.  It's nice to have a husband who fixes things without being asked!

Celebrating the Last Day of School


Friday was their last day of school so while walking to school, we planned a cookout to celebrate, then ran it by Mom and Dad. I also did a treasure hunt for them. Brendan said he "hoped it wouldn't be like the last one his Dad did, which involved a lot of math calculations!" I promised him it wasn't like that.


Clue: #1 Life's not always a picnic--but you can make it so. Just whistle while you work and keep a happy glow.

#2 Find this quote:

"I will go and do the things the Lord hath commanded...."


#3  Summer is coming so watch out for bees.
If you're really to use the deep freeze.
 

#4  A bright greeting at your front door
Carefully look for what's in store....

#5  When Wii work together
Sunny is always the weather!


#6  Last clue was to look for something "blue" used in doing work.  (The treasure was in the blue mop bucket! which Brendan has learned how to use!  He mops the kitchen floor by himself.)


Finished product--Summery bird houses.

It was a lot of fun doing things with the kids and I know they will be a huge help to mom and the new baby this summer!



No comments: