The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion

The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion
These kids know how to have fun!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Forty-Fifth Wedding Anniversary & Christmas

Steve really spoiled me for our anniversary, and for Christmas.  I didn't know it, but Sapphire is  the gemstone for the 45th anniversary.  Not only did he get a beatiful bright blue sapphire necklace and earrings, but also a 2nd set of more of a purple blue in an antique silver setting.  I love them both.

As if that weren't enough, he also got most of the things from the suggestion list I gave him. I didn't intend for him to get them all.  It was such a nice suprise.
He got a large planter box...which we'll put up this spring on the north side of the house.  It looks very beautiful and sturdy and will match the vynal perfectly.  I also decided to follow my practical instincts and ask for a Biffy.  It is an attachment to the toilet which serves as an instant bidet.  I like it even better than I thought I would.  It keeps me clean, refreshed, uses no paper products, and the water isn't even cold as I had expected.  He also ordered me a jacket of many colors, which I love.
   My gifts to him weren't nearly as exotic or expensive, as I use my funds to buy for the family.  I got him books, fleece pants, several nice shirts.
   We also took an anniversary trip to Grand Junction.  It turned out really fun.  Stayed in a nice hotel near the movie theater where we saw Lincoln, and both really liked it.  Cafe Rio was adjacent, and most of the shopping we needed to do like Kohls, Sears, Joanns.  We also ate at Red Lobster, and I got a pedicure Sat. morning.  It was an all around great Day.
   

No comments: