The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion

The Energizer Cowboys who kept things humming at the reunion
These kids know how to have fun!

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year -- We made it through 2012

Despite all the forcasts of the end of the world related to the Mayan calander, we did in fact end the year in tact!

I was sick with a cough before Christmas time but
steve  avoided the crud until after Christmas, but it finally caught up with him. 
we're feeling somewhat better and hope to be totally well, by the time we leave on our trip this coming Friday.  We actually fly out a week from today at 6 AM to the Yucatan but we thought we would go up a couple of days early incase of bad weather.  We are looking forward to the warm weather in Mexico.
 
We managed to stay up (watching movies) New Years Eve.  We ate pop corn and at midnight when Steve started up to bed, he decided to throw the kernals out for the birds.  He turned on the porch light and opened the door and there were three deer on our back lawn.  They jumped the fence into the orchard and about that time neighbors started shooting fireworks.  It really spooked the deer and they ran from one end of the orchard to the other.  They eventually jumped the gate, by Stubbs. We  noticed they haven't been back.  I don't know if it's because of the fireworks or because there is slim pickings in our yard.  We have never had deer get into our garden before so hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

During the past year I finished scanning almost all of the slides we had taken over the years -- nearly 3000.  Also scanned my dad's slides and I was able to complete the following family histories:
Birth through high school -- When Daddy was a Little Boy for five of the boys. 
             (I had done a book for Autumn and Chris earlier.)
Quentin -  for Feb. 2 birthday
Robert - For Feb. 16 birthday
Andrew-  for April6  birthday.
Anthony - for Law School graduation May
Nathan - for Christmas 2012
Short slice of  my Life:  Experimenting upon the word. Christmas gift for each family.

I have several ideas of books I want to do in 2013, so hopefully I can make it happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply wanted to construct a small

remark so as to

[url=http://www.tomscheapsale.com]cheap toms[/url] thank you for the nice points you are showing on this site.[url=http://www.tomscheapsale.com]cheap toms[/url] , My incredibly long

internet research has now been recognized with

high-

quality facts and

strategies to write about with

my pals. I would believe that

many of us readers are definitely fortunate to

be in a decent site with so many toms on sale marvellous toms sale individuals with great techniques. I feel rather fortunate to have seen your web pages and look forward to plenty of more pleasurable moments reading here.

Thanks again for everything.

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.
A lot of times it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you have done a excellent job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on Chrome. Superb Blog!

Look into my webpage :: ideal waist to hip ratio

Anonymous said...

I like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever
work and exposure! Keep up the wonderful works guys
I've you guys to blogroll.

my blog best diet for weight loss